The Post Truth Post

Whirlpool product recall website spontaneously combusts

Whirlpool Website Fire

A data centre in Sheffield has been severely damaged after servers hosting Whirlpool’s product recall website burst into flames.

Firefighters were called to tackle the blaze last night when the flammable kitchen appliance manufacturer’s web servers caught fire following unprecedented demand from consumers. 

Earlier Whirlpool had announced the recall of half a million washing machines when it was revealed that a faulty door locking mechanism could result in washing becoming “considerably dryer” than expected.

Consumers, keen not to spend Christmas around an open fire in their kitchens, reported that Whirlpool’s product recall website was unresponsive shortly after 7 pm on Tuesday.

SUBMIT YOUR ORIGINAL SPOOF NEWS
ARTICLE TO THE POST TRUTH POST

While engineers work to get the website back online, a spokesman offered advice for members of the public concerned about the safety of their Hotpoint, Indesit or Whirlpool washing machine.

Apologising for the inconvenience that owning a product that could catch fire at any moment would cause, particularly over the Christmas period, he suggested ways customers could make use of their appliance before replacement in the New Year.

“We recommend that customers disconnect affected appliances from the mains water supply and move them to a well-ventilated area of their homes,” he said. 

“A 60-degree wash cycle, with no spin, can then be used to roast chestnuts, crisp potatoes or reheat leftover Christmas turkey.” 

NEXT ARTICLE

About Us